Tuesday 27 May 2014

Housework Schmousework

Little Miss has a nap every morning around ten. Usually I feed her and put her in her cot and she goes happily to sleep for an hour or two. This morning she protested and cried and crawled out from under her blanket to hang onto her cot bars. So after a few minutes of crying from her, I picked her up for a cuddle, sat in the ever comfy Ikea Poang chair with her, and she went straight to sleep on me.  Normally when this happens, I put her in her cot after a few minutes and she's fine, but today, I'm still sat here with her an hour later. I've wrapped her blanket around her, put a big one over me and I'm so enjoying just sitting here with her, holding her close. Occasionally I'll stroke her hair or her nose, and she sucks her dummy a few times in response, kinda like Maggie Simpson.  It's the cutest thing!
I really should be having my shower, doing some laundry and housework, making our lunch. But I'm not. I'm staying here, browsing Pinterest for some sensory/messy play ideas for us. I've found some good ones.
Soon, I'll be back at work for three days a week. So today, I'm making the most of the fact that we don't have to be anywhere or do anything. It's non stop rain today and a bit gloomy outside... Perfect snuggling day with my little.



No comments:

Post a Comment